Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Patio is Open For the Season


How to spoil a good shot.  Unless the bottle is wine.






















Yes I do windows.  Every one of those sixty little panes of glass.  And that was just the outside.




Cheers!  Today I laughed in the face of 90 plus degree heat to get my patio open and ready for the season.  Sweeping, mulching, cleaning...it all had to be done,  In the spirit of full disclosure I did hop into an air conditioned SUV in search of plants for a couple of hours right after lunch.  Yes it was hot, but I've worked in worse.  At least the humidity was reasonable.  Tomorrow the plan is to get up early and start rolling out mulch, clean the fountains and hopefully get back to work on the front yard grass restoration project.  Once again I'll be battling temperatures somewhere north of 90 but if I can power through it, maintenance mode isn't far behind.


Native corn is officially in season and my goal is to eat as much of it as I can between now and September.  What better way to end a summer day?

11 comments:

  1. And all I did is water water water...and buy plants with a friend. We went out for dinner. Too hot to cook. She bought a $700 dress. Can you imagine how much mulch that would be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what is the featured plant in photo #7? Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prunus persica 'Bonfire'-one of my favorite plants. So far I have found nothing not to love about it.

      Delete
  3. Drooling, drooling and more drooling. Again, your garden is beautiful .... corn looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CL. We'll be seeing some phenomenal gardens in a few weeks. Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  4. Your patio looks fabulous Sue. I like all your blue accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Hey it looks like you're starting a blog too. I'll be looking forward to your updates.

      Delete
  5. How gorgeous Sue... Looks like it's time for a party in CT soon... Really love all the blue pots and especially that blue fish pot. Where and when did you get that beauty? My baby patio peach is doing very well thank you. I'm keeping it in a container for the summer so it gets special attention and feeding and it seems to be enjoying the extra tlc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanne, I got the fish at Naturework's winter half price sale in February.

      Delete
  6. It looks so inviting. I see lots of parties in your future.

    ReplyDelete